After the Cup Series last June, ESL has now announced that it is time for a team competition on Canyon. And not just some competition, a real ESL Canyon Premiership (ECP)!
Some of you might be known with the Premiership idea, f.e. from the CPS on Stadium.
For those who aren't, here is a basic explaination of a Premiership:
A premiership consists of two phases: a groupstage and the playoffs.
In the groupstage you will compete with other teams in your group to secure the first or second place in your group. Those two positions will give you a place in the playoffs.
The groupstage consists of a number of playdays, which will depend on the amount of teams we'll get for this premiership. The groupstage will have 4 groups, over which the participating teams will be spread.
After the groupstage has finished, the best 8 will race for the prizes in the Playoffs in a Double Elimination format.
- 28-08: start of registration/maprequest
- 21-09: end of registration
- 21-09: deadline of maprequest
- 05-10: first mappack release
- 09-10: team lock
- 12-10: first playday
More information and sign-up link is available in the announcement on ESL.eu.
Of course, a premiership cannot be played without any maps for it.
Therefore, ESL asks again the community to help out with some nice Canyon maps!
This is the list of requirements for the maps:
- name: "ESL-'name'"
- Use what you want for "name", as long as it isn't a team or playername
- no special signs in the name
- length: 40-55 seconds
- use of ESL Signs
- the tracks are not uploaded anywhere
- the track should be easily finishable
- Placing checkpoints backwards is forbidden!
- Blockmixing is allowed, if it does not produce graphical glitches or driving bugs
- GPS can be there but not on the start block
- intros and outros are forbidden
- give it a delicate and nice outlook
- the scenery is up to you (make sure it doesn't produce lags, lighting problems or graphical bugs!)
- the tracks were not used in any competition before
- the tracks are only known by yourself
If you made a map you think is suitable, please don't hesitate to send it in by mailing it to: email@example.com!
Make sure you use this format ("Maps - ECP - *your nickname*"), otherwise your entry might be missed.
The ESL Signs can be downloaded via the announcement on ESL.eu.
Be aware that because of a timeschedule for this premiership, the following deadline has been set: Saturday, 21st of September.